April Beauty Wishlist
For the past few weeks I have been lusting after a few beauty essentials that I have seen raved about by magazines, bloggers and on Twitter. The foundation, BB cream and face oil are all perfect for the burden that is dry skin (from which I suffer!) and the others, well, they’re just some favourites.
1. Aesop Fabulous Face Oil, as recommended strongly by Laura from Buy Now, Blog Later in this post she said: “My dehydrated skin has been massaged with 3-5 drops of oil at night and then put to bed. When woken in the morning everything feels soft, nourished and evenly textured with no greasy residue sitting on top” As this little gem is £39 I am going to have to get saving!
2. Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation, £33 I have been searching high and low for a foundation that doesn’t make me look cakey or highlight my dry areas (which at the moment just so happens to be my entire face) and after researching thoroughly I think this may be the holy grail of foundations. It has been a toss up between this and Nars Sheer Glow, but after reading a couple of dodgy reviews of that in regards to dry skin, I think I am still in love with this LM foundation. I am hoping this does the trick
3. Mac Lady Danger lipstick, £14 I have a strange fear of red lipstick. I think it’s because so far, I have never found one that really suits my skin tone/face in general and so I have always felt a bit silly when wearing it. However, after watching endless Lisa Eldridge videos (God, I love that woman) I have come to the conclusion that I think I may suit a more orange-based red such as Lady Danger. This is a product that has been raved about by everybody and their dog, so I’m going to go and have a little test next week and hopefully I will be purchasing!
4. Garnier BB Cream, £7.49 After asking on Twitter if anyone had any recommendations for BB creams for dry skin, one lovely lady told me that BB was a God-send for her. Well, I’m trusting her and I’m going to give this a go. I often like to mix a little bit of foundation with something a little less heavy (usually in an attempt to keep up the dewey glow) and I think this would be great to mix with a little bit of LM foundation (if I get my hands on it!)
5. Soap & Glory Supercat Eyeliner, £6 OK so I have fallen in love with Kristina Bazan’s blog Kayture. She is beautiful and does the most perfect cat eye-liner of which she has just put up a how-to post that I am going to try my best to copy! Click here to have a look
6. Lush Ultrabland Cleanser, £6.75/£10.75 I added this to my wishlist after reading about it on Essiebutton’s blog in this post. She said: ” It can be used as a cleanser and makeup remover in one. A rich, soft, oily cleansing cream that gently cares for all skin types. This product really helps to break down makeup while hydrating the skin.”
7. Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers, £20 Do I really need to say anything about these?
8. RMS Beauty Lip2Cheek in Smile, $36 Vivianna Does Make Up is a new favourite blog of mine – how have I only just found it now?! – and when I saw a blog post entitled ‘If It’s Good Enough For Miranda Kerr’ I was intrigued and excited, as I love MK. Apparently Miranda has often waxed lyrical about RMS Beauty because it is very natural with organic ingredients that leave your skin looking beautiful. This product, as it says on the tin, can be used for both lips and cheeks and this is what Anna says about it: “This was the product that got me the least hot under the collar but turned out to be my favourite of the bunch. I usually find two-in-one products to excel in one area and turn out to be a bit of a dud in the other, butSmile looks and feels equally gorgeous (if I say so myself) on the pout and apples. Again I found my finger worked best with this peachy-pink tint which has since weaselled it’s way into my handbag.”